I am a writer at heart. I do lots of other things, but writing is what makes me happy, so I write as much as possible. I believe that passion is the only thing that can make a person keep working at something that is sometimes so hard, because as much as I love writing, it’s hard. But it’s still something I’m working towards – hopefully soon this section will include lots and lots of links to my writing. Until then, here are a few things I’ve written:
- Master Novel in Progress, January 2017 – March 2017
- 6 Weeks, 6 Essays, April 2017 – May 2017
Baylor University (B.A. Professional Writing)
- Advanced Creative Writing – Short Story, Fall 2015
- Creative Writing – Short Story, Spring 2015
- Screenplay and Scriptwriting, Spring 2015
- Creative Writing – Novel, Spring 2014
- Creative Nonfiction, Spring 2014
Below is a list of my other writing experience, particularly magazine and blog pieces. Writing samples related to my career can be found on the Professional page. Other samples of my writing, including press releases, grant proposals, and academic papers, are available in my portfolio, with additional samples provided upon request.
- After attending the CODEX Hackathon, I wrote a Medium post about my experience, entitled What I Learned at My First Hackathon That Will Change How I Write.
- I was a regular contributor to Suburban Style Magazine from the spring of 2015 to 2017 and published upwards of a dozen articles with the magazine.
- I was a contributing freelance writer for Home Scribe Creative starting January 2016 and have written blog posts for numerous realtors in the Greater Seattle area.
- As a member of the International Baccalaureate Alumni Contributor cohort of 2016, I wrote blogs for the organization that addressed topics of education and motivation.